As the third largest university in Canada, security at York University is very important, and Security Services is committed to recruiting the best personnel to meet the security needs of all members of the community.
York Security Services recruits hard-working individuals committed to providing a high level of service following our community focused, intervention capable service delivery model. York Security Officials work 42-hours per week, on rotating 12-hour shifts.
All successful candidates must:
- Hold a degree or diploma from a university or college program.
- Be physically able to perform required duties.
- Have a valid Security Guard License issued by the Province of Ontario for Security positions
- Have a valid Private Investigators License issued by the Province of Ontario for Investigator positions
- Have a valid Ontario driver’s license.
- Have valid first aid and CPR certification.
- NOT have a criminal record.
- Be willing to undertake additional training.
- Have strong communication, customer service, non-violent conflict resolution, and computer literacy skills.
Those applicants interested in a position at our Glendon campus must have strong written and oral communication skills in BOTH French and English.
Applications are encouraged from women, visible minorities and aboriginal people.
We thank all applicants for applying for Security Official positions, however, only those individuals being considered for positions will be contacted.
York University is committed to Employment Equity and has implemented a policy of Affirmative Action.
If you would like more information about non Academic Positions at York University please click here.